The sentence hearing for the teenage girl convicted of first degree murder in the stabbing of a school girl identified as Stefanie Rengel has been delayed for a week to allow the defence psychiatrist to review the report. Marshall Sack, the lawyer of the 17 year old girl who's name can only be said as M.T. has asked for extra time this morning. On March 20, the jury found M.T. guilty of first degree murder for abetting and aiding her boyfriend , D.B. in killing Rengel. D.B. actually lured Rengel from her home and took the knife, but not before M.T. Then she pressured her boyfriend into killing Rengel. He was 17 at this time, and now he is 19. He will get a hearing on June 25 and 26. The issue in court for M.T. is that they are arguing whether or not she should be sentenced as a youth or an adult. If she is classified as a youth, then she will only be sentenced for 10 years in jail and under rehab. If she is classified as an adult, she will spend life in prison.
This is sickening, and to see such young people do these kind of things is almost unimaginable. The guy was only 17 at the time, and I have no idea how at 17 you could be forced to kill somebody. This is what a crazy and unhealthy relationship is. M.T. and Rengel were apparently rivals with each other. Hating a person so much to a point where you want to literally kill them? and you actually do. It makes me sick. I couldn't imagine what the parents of Rengel could be going through, and same with M.T. and D.B. I hope M.T. gets classified as an adult and gets life in prison, because I believe that any human being who can think is smart enough to know that you should never take away someone lives. Therefore I believe that both M.T. and D.B. should spend life in prison and suffer for taking away an innocent 14 year old's life.

I completely agree with you Joey, to hate someone that much at that age is just sickening. They are only a year older than I am and I could never imagine doing such a horrible thing, you are stealing someone's life, you are stealing a parents right to their children. This situation was allowed to get out of hand and that is the bad part. I feel bad for the victim's parents and what they are having to deal with now. My condolences go out to them. Hopefully this has tought every teen a lesson on how not to get involved in such things as this. Hate is too powerful and needs to be controlled. Nobody should have enemies at this age.
ReplyDelete