Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nurse urged 5 to commit suicide, U.S. police say

A Minnesota man who apparently, according to the police, has encouraged a teen from Brampton to kill herself. This occured last year, and he has ad mitted to investigators that he has advised 5 people to commit suicide through the internet. The Minnesota man was identified as William Francis Melchert-Dinkel, 46. Police say that he is a person of ,"interest". Kajouji was an 18 year old who attended Carleton University student who got depressed after leaving home. She commited suicide by drowning herself in March 2008. Her family was talking to the police, and discovered that she was talking to an internet predator known as having the name,Cami. He encouraged to hang herself so he could watch from the webcam. When the police talked to Melchert he did say that he was telling teens through the internet to hang themselves and other methods for four to five years. "Melchert-Dinkel admitted he has asked persons to watch their suicide via webcam but has not done so." Police say. His nursing license has been temporarily suspended, and no charges have been made yet. Here is what he said to a woman over the internet, and there are spelling errors."Most importatn is the placement of the noose on the neck as ive sai before which of course they dont tell you on any site ..." Cami writes.


In my opinion, this is a prime example of poor parenting and sexual predators. The parents of Kajouji should be aware that she is encountering sexual predators and is depressed. How is it that the police found out before the parents did? I find that really stupid, cause my parents always do whatever they can to contact me. If I were a parent, then I would do whatever I can to contact my son/daughter. I would actually go all the way to the university if I were Kajouji's parents. Sexual predators are extremely dangerous, and they can find out information from you very easily. She was just a troubled girl, and needed help from peers,parents, counselors, and especially parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment